Antyodaya Express : Ernakulam-Howrah-Ernakulam (Train No.22877/Train No.22878) Route Map
Indian Railways introduced the first Antyodaya Express between Ernakulam and Howrah viz. 22877/22878 Ernakulam-Howrah Antyodaya Express (Weekly). The train service was inaugurated on 27.02.2017 by Minister of Railways through video conferencing from Rail Bhawan, New Delhi. As announced in Railway Budget 2016-17, Antyodaya Express are long-distance, fully unreserved, superfast train service, for the common man to be operated on dense routes.
The abstract schedule including timings, composition, stoppages etc. of the train service to be introduced is as under:
● Days of run: Ex-ERS – Tuesday
Ex-HWH – Saturday
● One way distance: 2307 Kms.
● Stoppages: Kharagpur, Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Khurda Road, Brahmapur, Palasa, Srikakulam Road, Vizianagaram, Duvvada, Rajahmundry, Vijaywada, Ongole, Renigunta, Katpadi, Jolarpettai, Salem, Erode, Coiambatore, Palakkad, Thrisur
Route of Train No 22877/22878 Antyodaya Express
● Composition of regular service: General Coach-20, Power car-2= 22 coaches
● Primary Maintenance: Santragachi on RBPC (SER)
● Nature of Service: Antyodaya Express
Source : PIB