Operation of Theme – Based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’’ over Indian Railways
Approval accorded by Southern Railway to a Chennai based service provider
Southern Railway becomes the first zone in Indian Railways to get the first Registered service provider under the ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’ Scheme. A Chennai based service provider who had registered in the designated portal and received approval from Southern Railway after verification of the document. As and when this service provider registers the demand online specifying the type and number of coaches Southern Railway will allot the rake / train on Right to use basis for specified number of years. The rake shall be used by the service provider in running thematic tour as per itinerary approved by Railway.
Bharat Gaurav Trains
Indian Railways have introduced “Bharat Gaurav Trains” with effect from 23.11.2021, with the sole objective of showcasing India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world, through Bharat Gaurav trains. Under this first-of-its-kind scheme, the Railways will offer operators (service providers), the “Right to Use” of its rakes. The Railways aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run these theme based trains with a view to tap the vast tourist potential of India.
SALIENT FEATURES OF BHARAT GAURAV TRAINS SCHEME
- The Railways will offer operators the “Right to Use” of its rakes and infrastructure.
- Interested tour operators including Individuals, Partnership firm, Company, Society, Trust, Joint Venture, Consortium, Government Agencies can register themselves for operating trains under this scheme website Bharat Gaurav Trains by choosing the concerned zonal railway. Registration fee of Rs.1 (one) Lakh to be paid.
- The ‘right to use’ to be provided for a minimum period of two (02) years and a maximum period upto the residual codal life of coaches.
- The service provider can also purchase coaches directly from Railway’s manufacturing units under Non Railway Customer (NRC) scheme.
- Service providers will be at liberty to decide business model and tariff based on the level of services for these trains.
- Service Provider to offer an all-inclusive package to tourists including rail travel, hotel accommodation, sightseeing arrangement, visit historical / heritage sites, tour guides etc.
- Branding and advertisements are permitted both inside and outside of the train.
- The composition of rake shall be a minimum of 14 coaches to maximum of 20 coaches including mandatory 2 SLRs (Guard Vans).
- Allotment of coaches will be done to all eligible applicants / registerd service provider subject to availability. Priority of allotment will be based on the timing and date of payment of Rake Security Deposit. Rake Security Deposit of Rs. 1 (one) Crore per rake is to be submitted in the form of Performance Bank Guarantee.
- The service providers can also opt for unfurnished coaches and can furnish as per their needs like making suite or saloon or any other specific tourist need.
The mail id and Mobile number which is exclusively available for Assistance.
- Mail id: email@example.com
- Mobile No: 90031 60955
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA.
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
No. 2021 / Tourism / 140 / 03
New Delhi, dated: 23-11-2021
The General Managers
All Zonal Railways
(Commercial Circular No. 14 of 2021)
Sub:- Operation of Theme – Based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’’ over Indian Railways
Objective – Showcase India’s rich cultural heritage and magnificent historical places to the people of India and the world, through Bharat Gaurav Trains (Theme- based Tourist Circuit trains).
Brief Scope of Policy:
- Indian Railways aims to leverage the core strengths of the professionals of the tourism sector to run theme based trains to tap the vast tourist potential of India.
- Under this scheme, registered Service Providers shall be offered rakes under “Right to Use” model by Indian Railways (IR) for operations of Bharat Gaurav Trains. Service Providers shall also have the option of procurement of new coaches directly from production units through the NRC (Non Railway Customer) plan.
- The Service Provider shall have the flexibility to decide the business model including themes, routes, itinerary, tariff and other attributes connected with this model.
Modalities for operation of Theme based ‘Bharat Gaurav Trains’
I. Identification of Coaches
1.1 Indian Railways shall initially earmark the pool of ICF coaches to be utilized under this scheme in various categories viz AC-I, AC-II, AC-III, SL, AC . Chair car (CG), Pantry and SLR (Guard Van). The list of such coaches as on date along with their location is enclosed as Annexure -1 for the purpose of inspection by service provider only. Physical allocation of the coaches may be the same or similar type of coaches. Later other categories of coaches will also be offered. In case’ any service provider wishes to take other types of coaches, then such coaches will be made available on receiving demand. The pricing for other coaches will be different from the pricing for the coaches offered now.
Read More in PDF download : Bharat Gaurav Special Trains PDF
South Central Railway to Introduce Bharat Gaurav Trains
Theme based trains can be run by private players covering important historical, cultural heritage and pilgrimage destinations
As per the directions given by the Ministry of Railways, South Central Railway is ready to introduce theme-based tourist circuit trains namely “Bharat Gaurav” Trains, which will be operated by private players. These trains are introduced with a view to showcase the India’s rich cultural heritage, magnificent historical places and important pilgrimage destinations to the people of India, in particular and the world in general, which will help in boosting the tourism sector in India besides providing a hassle free transportation facility to the rail users.
Any Private entity including individual, Partnership Firm, Company, Joint Ventures, etc can participate in this initiative. To give flexibility, the Private players have been given the option of deciding their business model for operating Bharat Gaurav Trains including themes, routes, itinerary, tariff and other attributes connected with the model.
Any interested participant can register through online facility at www. Indianrailways.gov.in, which will be processed within time-bound span of 10 working days. The Registered Service Providers have the option placing the demand for rakes as per their requirement (minimum of 14 coaches and maximum of 20 Coaches). For utilisation of Railways Infrastructure and Rolling Stock, the Service Provider would be charged for Right to Use Charges, Fixed and Variable Haulage Charges, Stabling Charges as per clear-cut policy guidelines. These trains will be treated on par with Mail/express Trains.
In fact, in addition to giving flexibility of deciding their own Business Model, the Service Provider will also have the right towards Branding of Trains as well as making Third Party Advertising both inside and outside of the Coaches. Minor modification to the interior of the Coaches is also permitted within the safety protocols. In case of any further queries, interested Service Provider may contact Shri. R. Sudarshan, Chief Commercial Manager (Passenger Services), SCR at Rail Nilayam or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
All requests by the Service Provider would be processed in a time-bound manner for early resumption of Service. In fact, a Customer Support Unit has been established at SCR Zonal Headquarters level for Easing the Engagement with the Customers and to support the interested Service Provider with issues like timely response timely allotment of Coaches, Maintaining the condition of Coaches, etc.
Shri. Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, SCR appeals to the Service Providers to utilise the opportunity to take up the task of running the theme based tourist circuit trains “Bharat Gaurav”, as it will be a win-win situation to all – Railways, Private Participants as well as the Customers. He observed that SCR has many locations over its network which has rich cultural heritage, magnificent historical places and important pilgrimage destinations which can be connected by the Bharat Gaurav Trains for Passengers benefit.