Gangasagar Mela Special Train
Ganga Sagar Mela date 14-01-2023
Ganga Sagar Mela, also known as Ganga Sagar Yatra or Ganga Snan, is the annual gathering of Hindu pilgrims to take holy dip in River Ganga before She merges in the Bay of Bengal Sea during Makar Sankranti at Sagar Island or Sagardwip in West Bengal, India.
Eastern Railway to Run 12 EMU Special Trains During Gangasagar Mela
3 Existing EMU Locals to be Extended
To clear anticipated rush of pilgrims during Gangasagar Mela 2023, Eastern Railway will run 12 Galloping EMU Mela Special trains in between 12th & 17th January, 2023 in different directions from Sealdah South / Kolkata station / Lakshmikantapur / Namkhana / Kakdwip. Besides, 03 regular local trains in the section will be extended during the aforementioned period.
Out of 12 EMU Mela specials, 03 trains will leave from Sealdah South, 02 trains from Kolkata station, 05 trains from Namkhana, 01 train from Lakshmikantapur and 01 train from Kakdwip.
- Three (3) Mela Special trains will leave Sealdah South at 6.15 hrs., 14.40 hrs. & 16.24 hrs.,
- Two (2) mela specials from Kolkata station at 7.35 hrs. & 21.30 hrs.
- Five (5) mela specials from Namkhana at 02.05 hrs, 09.10 hrs., 11.18 hrs., 18.35 hrs., 19.05 hrs.,
- One (1) mela special from Kakdwip at 14.40 hrs
- One (1) mela special from Lakshmikantapur at 23.15 hrs.
On 15.01.2022 (Sunday), EMU trains in Lakshmikantapur – Namkhana – Lakshmikantapur section will run as weekday’s service.
The Galloping Mela Special trains will stop at Ballygunj, Sonarpur, Baruipur, Lakshmikantapur, Nischindapur & Kakdwip stations. Mela Special trains originating from Kolkata station will stop at all stations between Kolkata and Majherhat. No train will stop at Kashinagar Halt station from 09.01.2023 to 16.01.2023, as proposed by State Administration.
Regulation of Circular Railway Train Services for ‘Makar Sankranti’ Holy Bath on 15.01.2023
To facilitate Holy bath of pilgrims in the river Ganges on the occasion of “Makar Sankranti”, morning services of Circular Railway trains will be controlled on 15.01.2023 (Sunday). Accordingly, the following arrangements in train running have been made: –
Four pairs of Circular Railway EMU locals will be short terminated at / originated from Tala station.
- Two pairs will be diverted to terminate at / originate from Sealdah (North)
- Two trains will be diverted via Kankurgachi – Ballygunge route to Majerhat and two trains will be diverted via Ballygunge – Dumdum Jn. route from Majerhat.
- One pair will be diverted and short terminated at / short originated from Ballygunge.
- One pair Circular Railway local short terminate at / originated from Ballygunge and diverted via Ballygunge – Kankurgachi.
- One pair Circular Railway local (30412 / 30411 Sealdah – BBD Bagh – Sealdah via Majherhat) will remain cancelled on that day.
Inconvenience to be caused to the passengers is deeply regretted.