Humsafar class of trains with added new features
Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu, Minister of Railways, inspects new rake of Humsafar class of trains with added features.
Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu inspected the new rake of Humsafar Express with additional features today i.e. 14 June 2017 at Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station. In his Budget Speech of 2016-17, he had announced the introduction of Humsafar Express, as a fully air-conditioned third AC service with an optional service for meals. The additional features of Humsafar new rake offers:
• Single Piece Side Lower Berth (previously 2 piece)
• Mobile Charging point for each berth (previously 3 chargers for 8 passengers) including USB charging points.
• Reading light for each berth (previously only the lower berths had reading lights)
• Convenient upper berth climbing arrangement
• Urinal in 2 toilets per coach
• Baby Nappy Changing Pad in 2 toilets per coach
• Display Monitor Screen for the CCTV installed in the coach.
• Dustbins in each bay inside the coach.
In addition to these, all the existing features of Humsafar Express coaches will continue to be available, some of which are listed below:
1. Aesthetically pleasing colour scheme with anti-graffiti coating and distinctive 3D numbering on the exterior.
2. Pleasing interiors with attractive and colourfully co-ordinated seats, berths, partitions,curtains, improved/hygienic toilets, film type mirrors, etc.
3. Deodorizer, Dustbins, Sleek bottle holders in the cabins
4. Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) surveillance of the common areas of the coaches.
5. Integrated Braille displays for the visually impaired.
6. Hygienic lavatories with odour flushing system
7. Global Positioning System (GPS) based Passenger information system
8. Passenger announcement system
9. Fire and Smoke detection system in the coaches.
10. Fire detection and suppression system in the Power cars
11. Equipped with Auto Vending Machine and Mini Pantry with Oven/Fridge
A total of 11 Humsafar trains have been announced by the Ministry of Railways in the new time table. Of these, 6 trains of Humsafar Express namely:
12595/12596 Gorakhpur- Anand Vihar
12503/12504 Kamakhya- Bangalore Cantt,
22887/22888 Howrah- Yesvantpur,
14715/14716 Sriganganagar- Tiruchchirapalli,
22867/22868 Durg- Nizamuddin,
22919/22920 Ahmedabad- Chennai Central
These trains are running with a composition of 16 AC 3 Tier coaches and 2 Power cars.
Hon’ble Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu who is visiting Vijayawada tomorrow (15-06-2017), will be flagging off 2 trains of Humsafar Express namely train no.22705/22706 Tirupati – Jammutawi & train no 20889/20890 Howrah- Vijaywada Humsafar train. The remaining Humsafar trains will also be introduced in due course.
It is planned to manufacture 10 Humsafar rakes during the current financial year at Modern Coach Factory, Raebareli and Rail Coach Factory, Kapurthala. The cost of a Humsafar AC 3 Tier coach Rs.2.58 crores, as compared to Rs.2.39 crores for a normal LHB AC 3 Tier coach.
Source : PIB
Leave a Reply