Cancellation of trains Due to Fog 2022- 2023 | Fog Affected Trains 2022- 2023
Temporary Cancellation / Partial Cancellation / Reduce in frequency of trains due to upcoming foggy season 2022 – 2023
It is notified for the information of the general public that keeping in view of smooth trains operation in upcoming foggy season 2022 – 2023, the following trains shall remain temporarily cancelled / partially cancelled / run on reduce frequency as under:-
- Please enquire about train running status during fog through passenger enquiry no 139 or through online website-https://enquiry.indianrail.gov.in
NORTHERN RAILWAY PRESS RELEASE
Cancellation of Trains
|Train No.||From||To||Frequency||Date of Cancellation JCO|
|14617||Banmankhi||Amritsar Jansewa Exp||DAILY||03.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14618||Amritsar||Banmankhi Jansewa Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 02.03.2023|
|14505||Amritsar||Nangal dam Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14506||Nangal dam||Amritsar Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|12241||Chandigarh||Amritsar Super Fast Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|12242||Amritsar||Chandigarh Super Fast Exp||DAILY||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|14213||Varanasi||Bahraich Intercity Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14214||Bahraich||Varanasi Intercity Exp||DAILY||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|14524||Ambala||Barauni Harihar Exp||2-6||03.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14523||Barauni Jn||Ambala Exp||4-1||05.12.2022 to 02.03.2023|
|14218||Chandigarh||Paryag Unchahar Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14217||Prayag||Chandigarh Unchahar Exp||DAILY||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|14006||Anand Vihar||Sitamarhi Lichchavi Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14005||Sitamarhi||Anand Vihar Lichchavi Exp||DAILY||03.12.2022 to 02.03.2023|
|14308||Bareilly||Paryag Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14307||Paryag||Bareilly Exp||DAILY||04.12.2022 to 03.03.2023|
|14674||Amritsar||Jaynagar Shaheed Exp||2-4-5-7||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14673||Jaynagar||Amritsar Shaheed Exp||1-3-4-6||03.12.2022 to 02.03.2023|
|14004||New Delhi||Malda Town Exp||4-7||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14003||Malda Town||New Delhi Exp||6-2||03.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14265||Varanasi||Dehradun Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14266||Dehradun||Varanasi Exp||DAILY||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|14235||Varanasi||Bareilly Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14236||Bareilly||Varanasi Exp||DAILY||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|14229||Prayagraj Sangam||Yog Nagari Rishikesh Exp||2-4-7||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|14230||YogNagari Rishikesh||Prayagraj Sangam Exp||3-5-1||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|19611||Ajmer||Amritsar Exp||4-6||01.12.2022 to 25.02.2023|
|19614||Amritsar||Ajmer Exp||5-7||02.12.2022 to 26.02.2023|
|12583||LJN (Lucknow)||Anand Vihar Double Decker Exp||2-4-5-7||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|12584||Anand Vihar||Lucknow Double Decker Exp||2-4-5-7||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|15903||Dibrugarh||Chandigarh Exp||1-5||02.12.2022 to 27.02.2023|
|15904||Chandigarh||Dibrugarh Exp||3-7||04.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|15279||Saharsa||Anand Vihar Purabiya Exp||4-7||01.12.2022 to 26.02.2023|
|15280||Anand Vihar||Saharsa Purabiya Exp||3-1||02.12.2022 to 27.02.2023|
|18103||Tatanagar||Amritsar Jalianwala Exp||3-1||05.12.2022 to 27.02.2023|
|18104||Amritsar||Tatanagar Jalianwala Exp||5-3||07.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|22453||LJN (Lucknow )||Meerut city Rajya Rani Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|22454||Meerut city||Lucknow Exp||DAILY||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|12171||Lokmanyatilk||Haridwar Super Fast Exp||1-4||01.12.2022 to 27.02.2023|
|12172||Haridwar||Lokmanyatil k Super Fast Exp||2-5||02.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|12317||Kolkatta||Amritsar Exp||7-3||04.12.2022 to 26.02.2023|
|12318||Amritsar||Kolkatta Exp||2-5||06.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|12369||Howrah||Dehradun Kumbha Exp||FIVE||01.12.2022 to 27.02.2023|
|12370||Dehradun||Howrah Kumbha Exp||FIVE||02.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|12357||Kolkatta||Amritsar Exp||2-6||03.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|12358||Amritsar||Kolkatta Exp||1-4||05.12.2022 to 02.03.2023|
|22471||Bikaner||Delhi Sarai Rohilla Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|20473||Delhi Sarai Rohilla||Udaipur Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|20474||Udaiapur||Delhi Sarai Rohilla Exp||DAILY||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|22472||Delhi Sarai Rohilla||Bikaner Exp||DAILY||03.12.2022 to 02.03.2023|
|12538||Banaras||Muzaffarpur Exp||1-3||30.11.2022 to 27.02.2023|
|12537||Muzaffarpur||Banaras Exp||1-3||30.11.2022 to 27.02.2023|
|15203||Barauni||Lucknow Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|15204||Lucknow||Barauni Exp||DAILY||04.12.2022 to 03.03.2023|
|12873||Hatia||Anand Vihar Exp||1, 2, 4||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|12874||Anand Vihar Terminal||Hatia||2, 3, 5||02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023|
|15621||Kamakhya||Anand Vihar Exp||5||01.12.2022 to 23.02.2023|
|15622||Anand Vihar||Kamakhya Exp||6||02.12.2022 to 24.02.2023|
|13343 / 13345||Varansi / Singrauli / Shaktinagar Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|13344 / 13346||Singrauli / Shaktinagar Terminal / Varansi Exp||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
|15081 / 15082||Nakaha Jungle / Gomti Nagar Terminus / Nakaha Jungle||DAILY||01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023|
Temporary Cancellation / Partial Cancellation / Reduce in Frequency of Trains Due to Upcoming Foggy Season 2022-23 PDF Download : Click Here
South Eastern Railway
In view of foggy weather during winter season, the following trains will remain cancelled as under:
Cancellation of Trains :
- Train No. 12873 Hatia – Anand Vihar Express will remain cancelled from 01.12.2022 to 28.02.2023.
- Train No. 12874 Anand Vihar – Hatia Express will remain cancelled from 02.12.2022 to 01.03.2023.
- Train No. 18103 Tatanagar – Amritsar Express will remain cancelled from 05.12.2022 to 27.02.2023.
- Train No. 18104 Amritsar – Tatanagar Express will remain cancelled from 07.12.2022 to 01.03.2023.
Cancellation of LTT – Haridwar AC Bi-weekly Express due to foggy season
Railways have decided to partial cancellation of Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Mumbai- Haridwar bi-weekly AC Express due to upcoming Foggy season 2022-23. The details are as under: –
Train No. 12171 LTT – Haridwar AC Express Bi-weekly on every Monday and Thursday from LTT JCO 01.12.2022 to 27.02.2023.
Train No. 12172 Haridwar – LTT AC Express Bi-weekly on every Tuesday and Friday from Haridwar JCO 02.12.2022 to 28.02.2023.
Passengers are requested to note.
REGULATION OF MAIL / EXPRESS TRAINS DURING FOGGY SEASON 2022-23
The train regulation for Mail / Express / Special trains for upcoming foggy season from 01.12.2022 to 02.03.2023 shall be as under:
FULL CANCELLATION :
- Train No. 22198 Virangana Lakshmibai Jhansi – Kolkata Super Fast Express will remain cancelled on every Friday between 02.12.2022 & 24.02.2023 (13 trips).
- Train No. 22197 Kolkata – Viranga Lakshmibai Jhansi SF Express will remain cancelled on every Sunday between 04.12.2022 & 26.02.2023 (13 trips).
- Train No. 14004 New Delhi – Malda Town Express will remain cancelled on every Sunday & Thursday between 01.12.2022 & 26.02.2023 (26 trips).
- Train No. 14003 Malda Town – New Delhi Express will remain cancelled on every Tuesday & Saturday between 03.12.2022 & 28.02.2023 (26 trips).
- Train No. 12357 Kolkata – Amritsar Express will remain cancelled on every Tuesday & Saturday between 03.12.2022 & 28.02.2023 (26 trips).
- Train No. 12358 Amritsar – Kolkata Express will remain cancelled on every Thursday & Monday between 05.12.2022 & 02.03.2023 (26 trips).
- Train No. 12317 Kolkata – Amritsar Express will remain cancelled on every Wednesday & Sunday between 04.12.2022 & 26.02.2023 (25 trips).
- Train No. 12318 Amritsar – Kolkata Express will remain cancelled on every Friday & Tuesday between 06.12.2022 & 28.02.2023 (25 trips) .
- Train No. 12369 Howrah – Dehradun SF Express will remain cancelled on every Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday between 01.12.2022 & 27.02.2023 (64 trips).
- Train No. 12370 Dehradun – Howrah SF Express will remain cancelled on every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday & Monday between 02.12.2022 & 28.02.2023 (64 trips).
- Train No. 15620 Kamakhya – Gaya Express will remain cancelled on every Monday between 05.12.2022 & 27.02.2023 (13 trips).
- Train No. 15619 Gaya – Kamakhya Express will remain cancelled on every Tuesday between 06.12.2022 & 28.02.2023 (13 trips)
REDUCTION IN FREQUENCY:
- Train No. 12988 Ajmer – Sealdah SF Express will remain cancelled on every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday between 01.12.2022 & 28.02.2023 (39 trips.
- Train No. 12987 Sealdah – Ajmer SF Express will remain cancelled on every Wednesday, Friday & Sunday between 02.12.2022 & 01.03.2023 (39 trips).
- Train No. 22406 Anand Vihar – Bhagalpur Tri-weekly Express will remain cancelled on every Wednesdays between 07.12.2022 & 22.02.2023 (12 trips).
- Train No. 22405 Bhagalpur – Anand Vihar Tri-weekly Express will remain cancelled on every Thursdays between 08.12.2022 & 23.02.2023 (12 trips).
- Train No. 12367 Bhagalpur – Anand Vihar Express will remain cancelled on every Tuesdays & Thursdays between 01.12.2022 & 28.02.2023 (26 trips).
- Train No. 12368 Anand Vihar – Bhagalpur Express will remain cancelled on every Wednesdays & Fridays between 02.12.2022 & 01.03.2023 (26 trips).
- Train No. 13019 Howrah – Kathgodam Express will remain cancelled on every Sundays between 04.12.2022 & 26.02.2023 (13 trips).
- Train No. 13020 Kathgodam – Howrah Express will remain cancelled on every Tuesdays between 06.12.2022 & 28.02.2023 (13 trips).
- Train No. 12177 Howrah – Mathura Weekly Express Journey commencing from 02.12.2022 to 24.02.2023 (13 trips) will remain cancelled between Agra & Mathura.
- Train No. 12178 Mathura – Howrah Weekly Express Journey commencing from 05.12.2022 to 27.02.2023 (13 trips) will remain cancelled between Mathura & Agra.
- Train No. 12319 Kolkata – Agra Cantt. Weekly SF Express Journey commencing from 07.12.2022 to 22.02.2023 (12 trips) will remain cancelled between Mathura & Agra.
- Train No. 12320 Agra Cantt.- Kolkata Weekly SF Express Journey commencing from 08.12.2022 to 23.02.2023 (12 trips) will remain cancelled between Agra & Mathura.
Inconvenience to be caused to the passengers is deeply regretted. Passengers are requested to plan their journey accordingly.
North Western Railway
Train Services will be Affected Due to Fog, Train Services will be Cancelled / Partially Cancelled and More Details in PDF File – Click Here
NORTH CENTRAL RAILWAYS GEARS UP FOR FOGGY SEASON
During winter season especially in North India fog is a common weather phenomenon. Limited visibility crippling transport sector including Railways have been a major cause of concern in past. The movement of freight and coaching trains is severely affected due to poor visibility and the safety protocols that are put in place that includes speed restriction in the fog affected areas. As a result, the trains reach their destinations late and have to be often rescheduled for the return journey or cancelled due to abnormal late running.
Problems faced by the Railways due to intense fog:
- Rake imbalances due to abnormal late running of trains.
- Crew shortage resulting out of longer duration of working hours due to slower mobility and path constraints.
- Complete disorientation of time table, maintenance slots at washing line complexes etc. due to late arrival of trains.
- Catering difficulties due to out of schedule running of trains.
- Heavy crowding of waiting passengers on platforms at major terminals.
- Non availability of maintenance blocks due to reduced capacity.
- Increased cost of operations due to overtime of crew and decreased asset utilization due to reduced speed and capacity constraints.
However this winter North Central Railway has taken many steps which include established past practices as well as new initiatives to minimise adverse affect of fog on Train operations to take our esteemed customers to their destination on time. North Central Railway has put in place a comprehensive plan to handle ensuing foggy season. Key initiatives, protocols put in place includes:
- Fog-safe device on all locomotive to warn crew on approaching signal location based on GPS even if visibility is very poor so as chances of overlooking signal is minimised. Presently 850 devices in Prayagraj Division, 558 devices in Jhansi Division and 376 devices in Agra division have been provided.
- In foggy condition speed of trains shall be regulated as per laid down norms.
- Intensive Cold weather patrolling of rail lines to identify any possible defect especially during the night hours. Patrolman have been equipped with all personal protective equipments and light weight tools for efficient inspection of track with ease.
- GPS based tracking systems provided to all line patrolling staff so as effectiveness and beat of patrolling can be double checked. ………..GPS trackers shall be put in use covering all three divisions.
- Converting automatic signaling territory in modified automatic territory during fog to limit number of trains between two stations.
- All caution boards, whistling boards etc are provided with retro reflective coating for improved visibility. Lime marking on track for approaching signal is also done at regular interval for ease of guidance to crew in case of impaired visibility during fog.
- Loco/Crew/Rake links are rationalized and reviewed during period of fog. This is to ensure adequate rest to the Crew. Also cleaning and maintenance work can be performed on the rolling stock so that the rakes are available on time for the next trip to minimize delays and maintain punctuality.
- Use of Visibility Test Object (VTO) by the station masters to assess the severity of the fog in and around the station area.
- The Loco Pilots are given special training to tackle low visibility issues. They are sensitized to apply their wisdom and sense of judgment for controlling the speed of the train keeping in view the prevailing conditions on the track at that time through intensive training sessions.
- Besides crew of NCR other crew from adjoining Railways like NER , NR , NWR , WCR, ECR etc are given fog related training and assurance is taken on proper training including evaluation before allowing them on NCR territory during winters.
- No crew or guard is allowed to operate trains without passing laid down medical examination popularly called as PME.
- Locomotives and coaches and other rolling stocks are given special attention during winter drive like air tight, Heater in cab room, proper retro reflective X mark on SLR , flashing lights etc.
B -Passenger Convenience
- Informing Passengers through SMS on registered mobile number about train runninglate status if the train is more than one hour late.
- Operating Catering Stalls on the platforms beyond the normal sale hours .
- Deployment of additional Railway Protection Force personnel on the stations for crowd management and tackling any unforeseen security issues.
- Use of CCTV to monitor crowd situation at stations during fog to help in deciding train halt, deployment of RPF etc.
- Comprehensive passenger information system on all stations including manual announcements.
- Revamped waiting rooms, lounges, retiring rooms, restrooms on all stations.
C -Request to Passengers/Public
- Please enquire about train running status during fog through passenger enquiry no 139 or through online website-https://enquiry.indianrail.gov.in
- Please don’t trespass the railway track. Use FOB /Subway.
- Please don’t Cross the closed barrier of Manned Level Crossing from sides or under the barrier.
- With above efforts and help for our valued customers NCR is all set to make journey during this winter a pleasant experience for passengers.