North East Discovery – Beyond Guwahati Ex Delhi (CDBG01)
IRCTC Ltd proposes to operate train tour package “North East Discovery” covering India’s North East frontier states – a land that has remained hidden and inaccessible for a long time.
The North Eastern states are a blend of scenic natural beauty, salubrious weather, rich biodiversity, rare wildlife, historical sites, ethnic heritage and most importantly welcoming people. This train journey will showcase all of this and much more in a span of 15 days.
- Tour name : NORTH EAST DISCOVERY
- Duration : 14 Nights/15 Days
- State covereds : Assam – Arunachal Pradesh – Nagaland – Tripura – Meghalaya
- Tour Itinerary : Delhi – Guwahati – Itanagar – Sibsagar – Jorhat – Kaziranga – Unakoti – Agartala – Udaipur – Dimapur – Kohima – Shillong – Cherapunji – Delhi
- Train Itinerary : Delhi (DSJ) – Guwahati – Naharlagun – Sibsagar Town – Furkating – Kumarghat – Agartala – Dimapur – Guwahati – Delhi.
- Boarding / De-boarding : Delhi (15:30 hrs), Ghaziabad (16:00 – 16:05 hrs), Aligarh (17:40 – 17:45 hrs), Tundla (19:30 – 19:35 hrs), Kanpur (22:50 – 22:55 hrs.) and Lucknow (00:25 – 00:35 hrs).
- No. seats : 204 AC I (Coupe) – 24, AC I (Cabin) – 48, AC II – 48, AC III – 84.
- Tour Date : 16.11.2023
TOUR PRICE: per person Ex Delhi
|Category||Single Share||Double Share||Triple Share||Child (5-11 year)|
|1 AC Coupe (24 seats)||–||Rs. 1,37,115/-||–||–|
|1 AC Cabin (48 seats)||Rs.1,42,310/-||Rs.1,23, 260/-||Rs.1,20,535/-||Rs.1,11,315/-|
|2 AC Class (48 seats)||Rs.1,35,045/-||Rs.1,15,990/-||Rs.1,13,270/-||Rs.1,04,045/-|
|3 AC (84 seats)||Rs.87,755/-||Rs.76,640/-||Rs.75,050/-||Rs.69,750/-|
Note: Indian Railways is providing approximately 33% concession for promotion of rail tourism under Bharat Gaurav Train scheme.
Class Wise Amenities
|Class||Hotel Stay (AC rooms)||Transport||Meal Service (Onboard)|
|1AC (Coupe)||Deluxe||AC bus||Train restaurant|
|1AC (Cabin)||Deluxe||AC bus||Train restaurant|
|2AC||Deluxe||AC bus||Train restaurant|
|3AC||Budget||AC bus||Respective berth (in 3 AC coach only)|
Destinations and visits covered:
- Assam – Kamakhya Temple, one of the oldest Shakti Peeths (the seat of the Shakti cult), Sunset cruise on the mighty Brahmaputra River, Umananda Temple at Guwahati, Tea estates at Jorhat, Kaziranga National Park (Home to one horned rhinos, tigers & birds).
- Itanagar, the capital city of Arunachal Pradesh – Gompa Buddhist temple and Theravada Buddhist temple.
- Sibsagar, the capital of the Ahom Kingdom. It is well known for its Shiva Temple, Ahom palaces and monuments.
- Tripura – Shaivite site Unakoti known for its rock carvings and murals, imposing Ujjayanta Palace and the beautiful Neermahal – the only lake palace in the Northeast, Tripura Sundari (Shakti temple).
- Kohima, the capital city of Nagaland – Khonoma Village (India’s first green village), War Cemetery and Cathedral Church.
- Meghalaya, the abode of clouds. Shillong, the capital city of Meghalaya – Don Bosco Museum, Lady Hydari Park and Ward’s Lake. Cherrapunji – Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, Nawkhalikai falls and Mawsmai Caves.
Note : Seating arrangement will be finalized 03 days prior to departure and allocation of lower berth is not guaranteed.
Important Note: COVID-19 fully vaccination certificate is compulsory for temple darshan and sightseeing of monuments. All passengers should carry vaccination certificate in hard copy or in phone during the duration of tour.
|Day 1||Delhi Safdarjung||Tourists assemble at Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station by 1430 hrs. |
Train departs for Guwahati at 1530 hrs.
Dinner onboard & overnight train journey.
|Day 2||Train Journey||Morning tea, breakfast and wash & change onboard. |
Later lunch service onboard.
Evening tea on board. Dinner on board & overnight train journey.
|Day 3||Guwahati||Morning tea, breakfast and lunch onboard. |
Train arrival at Guwahati Railway Station and de-board train.
Proceed for hotels for check-in.
Dinner at hotel. Overnight stay.
|Day 4||Guwahati- Itanagar||Breakfast at hotel. Proceed for visit of Kamakhya Temple. |
Later return back and check out of hotel.
Lunch at a suitable place.
Post lunch visit Umananda Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Enjoy sunset cruise on Brahmaputra River.
Later start for Guwahati Railway Station (8kms). Arrive at station and board the train.
Dinner onboard the train.
Train departs for Naharlagun Railway Station.
Overnight train journey.
|Day 5||Itanagar – Sibsagar||Onboard morning tea, wash & change and breakfast onboard. |
Train arrival at Naharlagun Railway Station.
Proceed to Itanagar for a full day sightseeing of Gompa Buddhist temple and Theravada Buddhist temple.
Lunch break at a suitable restaurant.
Resume sightseeing of State Museum. Proceed to Naharlagun Railway Station and board the train.
Dinner service onboard.
Train departs for Sibsagar Town Railway Station.
Overnight train journey.
|Day 6||Sibsagar Jorhat – Kaziranga||Train arrival at Sibsagar Town Rly Station. Morning tea, wash & change and breakfast onboard. |
Proceed for the sightseeing of Sivasagar, the old capital of the Ahom Kingdom. Visit the heritage sites viz Talatal Ghar, Rang Ghar (Colosseum of the East) and Shivadol (Shiv Temple). Lunch at a suitable place.
Later proceed towards Kaziranga via Jorhat.
Enroute visit tea gardens. Arrive at Kaziranga.
Check-in to hotels and relax.
Dinner with cultural dance and music.
Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
|Day 7||Kaziranga -Furkating||Proceed for Jungle Safari at Kaziranga National Park. |
Return back to hotel and have breakfast.
Later check-out from hotel.
Lunch at a suitable place.
Proceed for Furkating Railway Station.
Evening tea on board.
Train proceeds for Kumarghat Railway Station.
Dinner onboard and overnight journey on train.
|Day 8||Unakoti – Agartala||Arrival at Kumarghat Railway station. |
Morning tea and breakfast onboard.
De-board train for exploring Unakoti by road (30 Km/1 hour).
Arrive at Unakoti Rock Carvings to experience the huge rock reliefs carved out of hills and covered by the dense forest of Jampui Hills.
Return back to Kumarghat Railway Station for boarding the train as it departs for Agartala Railway Station.
Lunch onboard the train.
Arrive at Agartala and proceed for Ujjayanta Palace (former royal palace).
Later check into hotel at Agartala.
Dinner and overnight stay at Agartala.
|Day 09||Agartala – Dimapur||Breakfast at hotel. Check-out and proceed for Neermahal by road (55 Km/1 hour). |
Arrive and transfer to Neermahal by boat.
Later proceed for Udaipur and visit Tripura Sundari temple.
Lunch at suitable place.
Return to Agartala for shopping etc.
Proceed for Agartala Railway Station and board the train.
Dinner service on-board.
Train departs for Dimpur.
Overnight train journey. (458 kms/10 hours)
|Day 10||Dimapur – Kohima||Wake up and enjoy one of the most scenic rail journeys in India from Badarpur station to Lumding station. |
Morning tea and breakfast onboard.
Train arrival at Dimapur Railway Station and de-board.
Proceed to Kohima by road (75 Km/2 hours 30 Minutes) Arrive at Kohima. Lunch at a suitable place.
Post lunch, proceed to hotel and check-in.
Start for local sightseeing of Kohima like the War Cemetery and Cathedral Church.
Dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel in Kohima.
|Day 11||Kohima – Dimapur||Breakfast at the hotel. Check-out and proceed to visit Khonoma village by road (25 Km/1 hour). |
After visit of Khonoma village, return back to Kohima.
Lunch at a suitable place at Kohima. Proceed to Dimapur Railway Station to board the train.
Dinner service onboard as train departs for Guwahati Railway Station. Overnight journey on train.
|Day 12||Guwahati Shillong-||Arrive at Guwahati Railway Station. Morning tea and breakfast onboard. Proceed to Shillong by road. (100 Km/2 hours 30 Minutes). |
Visit Umium Lake en-route, a majestic lake with surrounding hills. Later arrive at Shillong and check-in to the hotel.
Lunch at hotel.
Post lunch start for local sightseeing of Shillong – the Scotland of East.
Visit the Don Bosco Museum, Lady Hydari Park, Ward’s Lake and free time to explore the Police Bazaar.
Return back to the hotel for dinner & overnight stay.
|Day 13||Shillong – Cherrapunji – Guwahati||Breakfast at the hotel. |
Day excursion to Cherrapunji nestled in the East Khasi Hills (second wettest place on earth).
Visit Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, Nawkhalikai falls and Mawsmai Caves. Lunch at suitable place. Proceed for Guwahati Railway Station.
Arrive Guwahati and board the train.
Train departs for Delhi. Dinner on board & overnight train journey.
|Day 14||Train Journey||Morning tea, breakfast and wash & change onboard. |
Lunch and evening tea on board.
Dinner on board & overnight train journey.
|Day 15||Delhi Safdarjung||Morning tea, breakfast and wash & change onboard. |
Later lunch service onboard.
Train arrival at Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station by 1650 hrs.
TOUR ENDS WITH HAPPY MEMORIES.
Note: Itinerary is tentative and can be modified at any point of time subject to smooth and timely running of train. The final timing will be based on the Train Order received from the Railways.
- Train journey by Deluxe AC tourist train in respective classes.
- 05 nights stay in deluxe AC hotels for AC I and II and budget hotels (AC room) for AC III as per itinerary.
- 01 night at Guwahati.
- 01 night at Kaziranga.
- 01 night at Agartala.
- 01 night at Kohima.
- 01 night at Shillong.
- 09 Nights stay in respective rail coaches during overnight train journey.
- All meals: Morning tea, breakfast, lunch and dinner (vegetarian only)
- Onboard meals for AC I and AC II tier will be served in the train restaurant only.
- Onboard meals for AC III tier will be served at respective berths only.
- All transfers and sightseeing in AC vehicles.
- Brahmaputra river cruise.
- Jeep safari at Kaziranga National Park.
- Travel insurance for the passengers.
- IRCTC Tour Managers will travel throughout the tour for necessary assistance.
- Security on Train.
- All applicable Taxes.
- Meals are preset and a choice of menu is not available.
- Any room service will be chargeable.
- All kind of tips to drivers, waiters, guides, representative, Fuel Surcharge, etc.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as laundry expenses, wines, mineral water, food and drinks not in the regular menus provided by us.
- Anything not included in the inclusions.
|No. of days before commencement of Trip*||Total Deductions|
|Up to 15 days (excluding departure date)||Rs. 250 /- per passenger|
|Up to 8-14 days (excluding departure date)||25 % of the package cost|
|Up to 4-7 days (excluding departure date)||50 % of the package cost|
|Less than 4 days||100 % of the package cost|
Terms and Conditions:
- Itinerary is tentative and can be changed or modified subject to smooth and timely running of Train. The final Timing will be based on the Train order received from the railways.
- IRCTC has right to alter itinerary under unavoidable circumstances and is not liable for any type of natural calamities/ strikes/ cancellation/ delay of train/ insurgency of any such nature which is beyond control during the tour period.
- Operation of Deluxe Tourist Train is subject to minimum number of passengers booked.
- Passengers before boarding the train should ensure the proper check-up of their body/ health from their Doctor in order to be fit for travelling; IRCTC will not be responsible for any mishap due to unfit condition/health problem such as restlessness/anxiety/breathing problem (asthma)/ any other physical problems and natural death of passengers.
DO’S & DON’T:
- Please go through the following points to make your journey better and comfortable:
- Maintain general hygiene.
- Tourists should wear face mask if suffering from cough and cold.
- All tourists should refrain from spitting while in the train, tourist places, buses, hotels etc.
- Stay away from touching of statues/idols/holy objects at religious/tourist sites.
- No prasad distribution or sprinkling of holy water etc. inside the train.
- May follow the decorum at all points of time.
- Refrain from disruptive behavior on the train and off it.
- Tour Manager is the single point contact for all information pertaining to the train and itinerary. Please follow the guidelines of the Tour Manager at all times.
During Train Journey
- Do not pull the chain while traveling on train as it is a punishable offence when done without a valid reason.
- Do not waste water unnecessarily in the train.
- Do not cross railway tracks. Use foot over bridges.
- Please ensure that your attire does not offend the locals/visitors at the places you visit. At holy shrines, you may be required to remove your shoes.
- Please maintain decency of language as a courtesy towards your fellow passengers in the train and other visitors at the shrines/places your visit.
- Do not be rude while interacting with locals and do not indulge in any arguments. In case of any doubts on any matter, please contact the Tour Manager.
- Please be in groups and follow timings at the places you visit as per instructions of the Tour Manager.
- Photography may be restricted at certain places. Do not offend the local regulations.
- IRCTC reserves the right to remove any passenger that it feels is creating discord on the tour.
- The itinerary provided to you may change due to unavoidable circumstances. Please follow the instructions of Tour Manager.
- IRCTC shall not be responsible for any mishaps caused due to negligence, non-compliance of instructions etc.
Safety and Security
- Please take complete care of your belongings during the tour.
- Do carry a Photo Identity Card such as Voter’s ID, Passport, and PAN Card etc. for Security reasons.
- Please leave the contact details of person(s) to be contacted in case of any Emergency with the Tour Manager.
For More Information:
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
M-13, Punj House, Connaught Place (Outer Circle), New Delhi – 110001.
85989 31047, 82879 30032, 82879 30484, 88828 26357. (Timings 09.30 AM – 07.00 PM)