Railway Handicapped Card Online Apply
Online application for New / Reissue of Railway Identity Card for Persons with Disability (divyangjan)
Divyangjan passengers may apply here for issuance of new e-ticketing photo identity card for getting concessional journey tickets issued online through IRCTC ticketing portal.
INSTRUCTION AND PROCEDURE TO APPLY ONLINE APPLICATION
Instruction to Apply Online:
1. Applicant should keep ready the following documents in the jpg/pdf format with maximum 5 MB size before proceeding to fill up the form. Details mentioned on documents should be clear and legible. Doctor’s name, registration number and nature of disability mentioned on concession certificate should be clearly mentioned and readable. Documents should be self attested.
- Concession Certificate
- Disability/Handicapped Certificate
- Age Certificate (PAN Card, School Certificate or as directed in Govt Notification Mentioned Parameter i.e. DD-MM-YYYY)
- Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof (Voter ID Card or Documents as Directed in Govt. Notification for this Purpuse)
- Passport Size Photo
2. Applicant should have a valid mobile number
3. Editing of any detail not permitted, so before submitting/going to next step please verify all the entered information for correctness.
4. While filling the online application form, the applicant must keep in mind that the entries should be appropriate otherwise the application will be rejected.
5. Applicant has to complete whole process within 72 hours from the first step of registration. Online registration will be rejected if you fail to complete the registration form within 72 Hours. Beyond 72 Hours online application will have to be applied again.
Divyangjan passengers may apply here for issuance of new e-ticketing photo identity card for getting concessional journey tickets issued online through IRCTC ticketing portal. – APPLY ONLINE – Click Here
Divyangjan passengers may approach dedicated counters in Concessional Cell at Divisional Railway Manager’s office with required documents to obtain the photo identity card issued from there.
- Concession Certificate
- Handicapped Certificate
- Age Certificate (PAN Card, School Certificate, Affidavit or as directed in Govt Notification Mentioned Parameter i.e. DD/MM/YYYY)
- Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof (Voter ID Card or Documents or Directed in Govt. Notification for this Purpose)
- Passport Size Photo
- Application (Format Annexure-A) (Sr Divisional Commercial Manager/C, DRM’s Office, Northern Railway, State Entry Road, New Delhi)
The application with above self attested documents should be sent or submitted at following address:-
Concession Cell,Commercial Branch O/o Divisional Railway Manager Office, Northern Railway, State Entry Road, New Delhi-110055
The application without self attested documents will not be entertained.
TIMING FOR COLLECTION OF DIVYANGJAN IDENTITY CARD
- Monday To Friday: 10AM -5PM
NOTE: Cards will be issued only on working days except on saturday, sunday and gazetted holidays
Reissue of card against Lost / Damaged card and Renewal card: Please contact Concession cell, DRM office, New Delhi for reissue of Lost / Damaged card and renewal card .
Railway policy regarding issue of e-ticketing photo identity card for divyangjan is available on following link: www.indianrailways.gov.in/
Download Concession Certificate for Person with Disabilities (Divyangjan): Click Here
PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED PERSONS MAY NOW GET ONLINE CONCESSION FROM HOME
Railway’s one more user friendly step towards Digital India
Railways have always been pioneer to ensure best possible efforts to provide user friendly services and facilities to its valued customers in various fields. In continuation to this one more user friendly step has been initiated by Railways to provide benefit of ‘Digital India’ concept to physically challenged persons by arranging Photo ID cards to them for getting online concession facility on any rail travel as per their requirement and the best part of this initiative, is that now onwards any physically challenged person is not required to present personally on reservation counter to get Rail travel concession, but now he can book his ticket online from home with concession facility with the help of photo ID card issued to him by Railways.
As announced in the Railway Budget 2015-16 by Hon’ble Minister of Railways, it has been decided to launch the scheme on entire Indian Railways wherein the physically challenged persons can book concessional reserved tickets across PRS counters, e-ticket / i-ticket through IRCTC website and also concessional unreserved tickets across the UTS counters throughout India on the authority of Photo Identity card to be issued by the Railways.
Physically Challenged Person entitled for Railway concession may approach nearest Divisional Railway Manager’s Office along with all the relevant documents viz. Concession Certificate, Photo Identity proof, Date of Birth proof, Address proof and two passport size photographs either in person or by post for issuing Railway Photo Identity card by submitting one set of attested photocopies (self attested) of the said documents. It should be addressed to Sr. Divisional Commercial Manager of the concerned division. The envelope containing documents should be superscribed “Application for issue of Railway Identity Card for Physically Challenged Persons for ticketing.” No fee will be charged by the Railways for issue of this photo ID card.
The Concession based ticketing through counters as well as internet (online booking) has been launched by the Railways for the physically challenged persons i.e. Orthopedically handicapped, Deaf & Dumb, Mentally Retarded and Blind patients. The physically challenged persons can avail of this facility on producing photo identity card with unique ID number issued by the Railway.
In case of permanent disability (Orthopedically / Paraplegic persons above the age of 35 years) the validity of the card will remain 5 years from the date of issue of the card. At the time of expiry of the validity of the card, a new card may be got issued by submitting a fresh application upto 3 months before the expiry of the validity period of the card.