Revised Composition of Station Consultative Committees (SCO)-Indian Railway
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, dated 30.08.2023
The General Managers,
All Zonal Railways
(Commercial Circular No. 17 of 2023)
Sub: Revised Composition of Station Consultative Committees (SCO).
Ref: Instructions issued vide no.
i. 2002/TG-I/24/P dated 13.05.2002
ii. 92/TG-I/30/1 dated 12.02.1992
iii. 87/TG-I/30/1 dated 19.12.1988
Instructions have been issued from time-to time vide above references inter- alia for constitution of Station Consultative Committees at zonal Railways.
- With a view to secure better representation of Railway Users and affording more frequent opportunities for consultation between Railway Administration and users on matters relating to the services / amenities provided by Railways at grass root level and means of improving the efficiency of such services / amenities, in supersession of previous instructions on Station Consultative Committee, it has been decided to reconstitute Station Consultative Committees as per the guidelines enclosed as Annexure to this letter.
- It is desired that necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned to constitute Station Consultative Committees as above.
Executive Director Passenger Marketing,
CONSTITUTION OF STATION CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEES
With a view to secure better representation of Railway Users and affording more frequent opportunities for consultation between Railway Administration and users on matters relating to the services / amenities provided by Railways at grass root level and means of improving the efficiency of such services / amenities, it has been decided to expand the scope of Station Consultative Committees as under:-
i. Station Consultative Committees (SCC) shall be set up at all category stations.
ii. The total number of members to be nominated on SCC shall normally not exceed the limit of 11, 9 & 7 members at NSG-1, NSG-2 & NSG-3 category stations respectively and 5 at NSG-4, NSG-5 & NSG-6 category stations. At SG-1, SG-2 & SG-3 category stations, the total number of members to be nominated shall not exceed the limit of 11, 9 and 7 members respectively.
iii. The Committee shall consist of representatives from different fields including those mentioned below subject to the maximum limit prescribed for each category of station:-
- Chambers of Commerce;
- Local Trade and Industry;
- Local educational institutions;
- Local self-Government bodies;
- Eminent persons of the Area and general public
iv. SCC shall be constituted with the approval of Divisional Railway Manager concerned.
v. Meetings of SCC shall be chaired by Station Director / Station Manager / Station Superintendent / Station Master of the station, who will also be convener of the meeting.
vi. Senior Section Engineers (SSEs) of various departments e.g. Electrical, Mechanical, Civil etc. or any other official can be co-opted in the SCC.
vii. The tenure of the Station Consultative Committee shall be for two calendar years unless otherwise notified.
viii. Three meetings of SCC of each category of station shall normally be held in a year.
ix. The nature of these committees shall be consultative in character.
x. Persons holding assignments of profit connected with Railways e.g. catering and vending contractors, Out Agency contractors, handling contractors, engineering contractors, Rail Travellers Service Agents and State / Central Government Servant etc. are debarred from the membership of the SCC.
xi. Persons with conflict of interest and involved in litigation with Railways are also debarred from the membership of this committee.