Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal reviews the performance of Central Railway, Western Railway & Konkan Railway
Shri Piyush Goyal, Minister of Railways & Coal reviewed the performance of Zonal Railways viz Central Railway, Western Railway & Konkan Railway with the General Managers and other senior officials of Zonal Railways & Konkan Railway in Mumbai today i.e.23rd August, 2018.
He reiterated that punctuality of the trains needs to be improved without affecting the routine maintenance work related to Safety of passengers. Minister of Railways & Coal has stressed upon the following points:
• All blocks should be planned, timetabled and all works to be combined so as to have minimum affect on punctuality. Priority of Blocks should be for short term projects. The works should be undertaken without affecting punctuality.
• Feasibility of having a new main line terminal at Vasai Road may be explored.
• Traffic facility works of Western Railway amounting to ₹16cr, as proposed by General Manager, was immediately sanctioned.
• In addition to 51 stations of Western Railway already beautified, more stations should be undertaken for beautification. Local ethos and History should reflect on facade of stations.
• Special emphasis to be given on Clean Toilets. All toilets should have proper lighting, upkeep, doors, proper seats and water tanks.
• New methods to be adapted to reduce watering time in coaches. Efforts should be made in such a way that maximum time allowed for watering of trains should not be more than 5 minutes.
• Manual cleaning of train exterior should be avoided. All exterior cleaning should be done using mechanized technology.
• Conventional Hand towels provided in trains needs to be replaced with disposable hand towels.
• All base kitchens should be upgraded. Live video feed of all base kitchens should be compulsorily ensured and should be available for public to view..
• All ticket checking staff and catering staff should be provided with Point of Sale (POS) machines.
• All payment details by contractor to labourers should be made available online.
• Cleaning of AC coaches ducts has to be done properly to improve air quality inside coaches.
• Jan Aushadhi Stores should be opened at stations to make generic medicines available at stations.
• Efforts should be made to paste the menu of eatables with rate lists in all the coaches for the guidance of travellers.
• Minister of Railways & Coal reviewed performance of vacuum bio-toilets installed in coaches by Central Railway. He suggested to explore feasibility of introducing these vacuum bio toilets in all premium trains.