DEMU Daily Passenger Special Train Between SSS Hubballi – Guntakal (Train No. 07337 / 07338) Advantages
DEMU Train Starts Running Between Hubballi and Guntakal
The South Western Railway has replaced Conventional Rake of Train No. 07337 / 07338 SSS Hubballi – Guntakal – SSS Hubballi Daily Passenger Special with Diesel Electric Multiple Unit (DEMU) rake with effect from today. The first service of Hubballi – Guntakal DEMU special departed from Hubballi today.
Advantages of DEMU Rake:
- DEMU stands for Diesel Electric Multiple Unit train which is a multiple unit train powered by onboard diesel engines. DEMU does not need separate engine / locomotive as engine is incorporated in one of the carriages.
- Each passenger carrying car in a DEMU has its own source of motive power fitted below the coach. This enables the DEMU rakes to have quick acceleration and deceleration rendering them most suitable for working short distance passenger / commuter trains.
- A DEMU doesn’t need engine reversal at terminal stations and that cuts down the time needed for at either end of operation by eliminating shunting operations.
- This is the second DEMU in Hubballi Division after DEMU between Vasco Da Gama and Kulem and first DEMU service from Hubballi.
- Electrification of the section from Ballari to Londa is progressing at fast pace and MEMU services also can be operated after completion of electrification
Train No. 07337 SSS Hubballi – Guntakal DEMU Daily Passenger Special leaves SSS Hubballi at 07:45 hrs. and reach Guntakal at 14:10 hrs. Train. No. 07338 Guntakal- SSS Hubballi DEMU Daily Passenger Special leaves Guntakal at 14:40 hrs. and reach SSS Hubballi at 21:10 hrs.